Sunday, August 21, 2011

Plant Alien...or Something Like That.


Not sure the idea behind this sketch/ practice illustration. I am in the process of trying to find a new paper to use since they discontinued W & N hp 140lb. I'm experimenting with as many different types of watercolor paper as I can find. This illustration is using the old college classic: illustration board. Never thought I would be using that again but so far it works better than the others I've tried. Good thing I still have a supply of the old tried and true W & N for professional work. I the mean time I will keep searching under rocks and in art stores. I drew the plant alien while watching “Into the Wild.” It was very inspirational and sad at the same time. Maybe it was because the main character was an alien in nature? Probably not but I'm also on a diet so I will blame that for the concept behind this picture. No for more vegetables...mmm.



No comments: